Improve your performance levels.
From the professional athlete to the weekend warrior, an athlete’s body is subjected to greater than normal biomechanical stress with extremes in movement and repetition. Athletes commonly suffer from muscle strain from the repetitive stresses placed on their bodies. This can lead to restrictions in flexibility and muscle pain.
Myofascial massage therapy has been demonstrated to increase range of motion and decrease pain in overworked or damaged muscle tissue. This is a useful tool for athletes who are in training. Problems in the myofascial system are recognized by:
- Decreased range of motion
- Muscle pain
- Slower reaction times.
By releasing the restricted myofascial tissue, trigger points and muscle spasm, the body can work more efficiently giving you better results and allows the body to recover faster. Other benefits include:
- Reduce soreness and muscle pain
- Assists maintain a more consistent, higher level of training and performance
- Promotes flexibility, relaxation and overall muscle balance
- Accelerate recovery times between workouts